serves: 4 - 6
250 g pack kale, stalks removed and finely shredded
25 g butter
25 g plain flour
450 ml full fat milk
120 g pack goats cheese, crumbled
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper
75 g fresh white breadcrumbs
1 tbsp caraway seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F , Gas Mark 5.
2. Place the kale into boiling water for 30 - 60 seconds to 1 minute, then refresh under cold water. Put to one side.
3. In the meantime, melt the butter in a saucepan, then stir in the flour and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat and gradually blend in the milk stirring well.
5. Place back onto the heat and bring gently to the boil, stirring continually until thickened and smooth.
6. Add the cheese, mustard powder, salt and freshly ground black pepper mixing well.
7. Place the kale into a suitable sized ovenproof dish, then evenly spoon over the sauce.
8. Combine together the breadcrumbs and caraway seeds, then spread evenly over the surface.
9. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!