Calories per serving 270.
450 g (1 lb) sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
75 g (2 3/4 oz) half fat Red Leicester cheese, grated
1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced
1 onion, chopped finely
4 sheets filo pastry
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted, boiling water; until tender. This will take about 10 minutes.
2. Drain the potatoes and mash them thoroughly.
3. Mix in the cheese, red pepper, onion and seasoning. Allow the mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/l90°C/fan oven I70°C.
5. Brush each sheet of filo pastry lightly with some of the olive oil and stack them one on top of each other. Spread the sweet potato mixture over the top of the stack to within 7 cm (3/4 inch) of the edges. Carefully roll up the pastry to enclose the filling.
6. Lift the roll of pastry on to a non stick baking tray and brush it with the remaining oil. Gently score the top with a sharp knife.
7. Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
8. Cut the strudel into four slices and serve.
57 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!