low fat cooking spray
1 onion, chopped finely
2 garlic cloves, crushed
400 g can of chopped tomatoes
300 ml (10 fl oz) tomato juice
300 ml (10 fl oz) vegetable stock
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
scant 1/2 (us) cup (100 ml) low fat plain fromage frais
salt and freshly ground black pepper
100 g (3 1/2 oz) rocket leaves, to serve
1. Spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray, and add the onion and garlic.
2. Cook over a low heat, stirring from time to time, until the onion has softened but not browned, adding a little water if it sticks. This will take about 10 minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato juice, stock and Worcestershire sauce, and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste.
5. Stir in the fromage frais and then ladle the soup into four warmed bowls.
6. Alternatively, you can top the soup with a spoonful of fromage frais (about 1/2 a tablespoon per serving).
7. Scatter over the rocket leaves, and serve.