1 small cucumber, grated
3 carrots, coarsely grated
1 cup sliced tender celery
250 g (8 oz) button mushrooms, sliced
375 g (12 oz) zucchini, sliced and blanched
2-3 small leeks, halved and cooked
2 small cooked beetroot, sliced
250 g (8 oz) small new potatoes, boiled
375 g (12 oz) green beans, cooked
3/4 cup sour cream
French dressing (see below)
chopped spring onions, parsley, mint, chives,
crushed coriander seed, crushed garlic, thinly sliced onion rings
chopped hard-boiled egg
salt and pepper
1. Salt grated cucumber, stand 10 minutes and drain.
2. Add 1 teaspoon chopped mint, a little garlic and blend into sour cream.
3. Mix grated carrot with chopped spring onions and French dressing to moisten.
4. Toss celery with French dressing and sprinkle with coriander.
5. Marinate mushrooms in 1/2 cup dressing, add onion rings and parsley.
6. Marinate zucchini in 1/4 cup dressing, add chives and parsley.
7. Sprinkle dressing on leeks while hot.
8. Marinate beetroot in French dressing.
9. Sprinkle dressing and chopped egg over potatoes.
10. Marinate beans in dressing.
11. Chill thoroughly in separate bowls.
12. Just before serving, arrange on platters and / or individual bowls.
for the french dressing
In a screw top jar, combine 1 1/2 cups olive oil with 1/2 cup lemon juice, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon each dry mustard and sugar and freshly ground black pepper. Seal and shake well.
9 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!