2 loin lamb chops
3 Tbsp (40 g) butter
2 streaky bacon rashers, rinded and cut into 1 cm (1/2 inch) strips
1 small onion, chopped
2 oz (50 g) mushrooms, sliced
2 small tomatoes, skinned, sliced and seeded
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt stock
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Rub the chops with salt and pepper.
2. Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the chops and brown lightly on both sides.
3. Transfer the chops to a casserole.
4. Add the bacon, onion and mushrooms to the pan and fry until the onion is softened.
5. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Pour over the chops in the casserole.
6. Cover and cook in a preheated moderate oven 180°C (350°F) Gas Mark 4 for 25 to 30 minutes.