Calories per serving 120.
350 g (12 oz) cooking apples, peeled, cored and diced
15 g (1/2 oz) granulated artificial sweetener
a pinch of ground nutmeg
225 g (8 oz) blackberries
1 tablespoon cornflour
6 sheets filo pastry
15 g (1/2 oz) polyunsaturated margarine, melted
1. Line a baking tray with non stick baking parchment
2. Place the apples in a small saucepan with 3 tablespoons of water, the sweetener and nutmeg. Cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes until the apple begins to soften.
3. Stir in the blackberries and cook for a further 2 minutes. Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of cold water to make a thin paste and stir this into the fruit. Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
4. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C Brush a filo pastry sheet with a little melted margarine and fold it in half. Spoon some of the cooled apple and blackberry mixture into the centre of the folded sheet. Now gather up the edges of the pastry and twist them, to seal it like a purse. Repeat the process with the remaining pastry sheets and then brush the pastry purses with any remaining melted margarine.
5. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, until the pastry is golden and crisp.
18 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!