4 medium red mullet or snappers
2 tbsp (1 oz) 25 g butter
1 clove garlic, crushed
35og (12 oz) courgette (zucchini)s, sliced
1 onion, sliced 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 1/3 cup (100 g) mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup (30 g) fresh breadcrumbs
1. Melt the butter and add the garlic, vegetables and herbs. Gently cook for 5 minutes.
2. Using a sharp knife, split the fish along the belly and clean Snip off the fins and wash the fish well. Keep whole.
3. Place the fish on individual pieces of aluminium foil then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Arrange the vegetables around each fish and fold over the foil to make a parcel, then seal completely.
5. Bake in a moderately hot oven 190°c (375°f) gas 5 for 30 minutes.
6. Open each parcel and sprinkle the bread-crumbs over the fish.
7. Bake for a further 10 minutes until the breadcrumbs are crisp.
8. Serve with boiled new potatoes.
15 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!