2 lb (1 kg) sugar
1 pint (600 ml) spiced vinegar to which 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds has been added
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 1/2 lb (2 kg) apricots, peeled, quartered and cored
1. Dissolve the sugar in the vinegar, then add the lemon juice and apricots.
2. Simmer very gently until the apricots are tender, then remove the apricots from the pan with a slotted spoon and pack them into hot jars. Keep hot.
3. Boil the liquid until it is thick and syrupy.
4. Pour it over the apricots and cover with a vinegar-proof top.
5. Store for 3 months before using.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!