Calories per serving 250.
450 g (1 lb) potatoes, peeled and diced
225 g (8 oz) parsnips, diced
3 tablespoons half fat creme fraiche
low fat cooking spray
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
150 g (5 1/2 oz) carrots, grated
150 g (5 1/2 oz) mushrooms, chopped finely
350 g (12 oz) vegetarian mince
300 ml (10 fl oz) vegetable stock
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 tablespoon cornflour
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the potatoes and parsnips in lightly salted, boiling water for 15 minutes until tender. Drain well and mash them with the creme fraiche and seasoning.
2. Meanwhile, spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray and add the onion, garlic, carrots and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes and then stir in the vegetarian mince.
3. Add the stock, soy sauce and tomato puree to the pan and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 (190°C) fan oven 170°C. Mix the cornflour with a little cold water to make a thin paste and stir this into the mince and vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens a little.
5. Transfer the mince mixture to an ovenproof dish and top with the potato and parsnip mash.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
7 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!