1.5 kg (3 lb) chicken pieces
1 cup sherry or apple cider
1/2 cup salad oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon French mustard
1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs or 4 sprigs fresh thyme
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1. Place chicken pieces in a shallow china or glass dish.
2. Mix marinade ingredients thoroughly together and pour over chicken.
3. Cover and stand for several hours in refrigerator. Turn chicken occasionally.
4. Drain chicken and reserve marinade.
5. Barbecue chicken over medium hot coals for approximately 25 to 35 minutes or until tender.
6. Allow more cooking time on the bone side than the flesh side.
7. Baste frequently with the marinade while cooking.