4 large flat mushrooms
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
75 g butter
2.5 ml spoon dried mixed herbs
100 g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
salt and freshly ground pepper
50 g mixed salad leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6
2. Peel the skin from the mushrooms. Pull out the stalks and finely chop.
3. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
4. Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently cook the mushroom stalks, onion and garlic with the dried herbs for 5 minutes, until just softened.
5. Using a draining spoon, transfer the cooked vegetables to a mixing bowl, reserving the pan juices.
6. Stir in the breadcrumbs and seasoning.
7. Pile the mixture into the mushroom caps and place on a baking sheet.
8. Spoon over the reserved cooking juices and bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until tender and golden.
Serve on a bed of mixed organic salad leaves, garnished with organic parsley.