Calories per serving 255.
125 g (4 1/2 oz) courgettes, cut into chunks
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1/2 aubergine, cubed
1 small green pepper, de-seeded and diced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
low fat cooking spray
100 g (3 1/2 oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
75 g (2 3/4 oz) low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs, cubed
2 medium pitta breads
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C. Line a roasting tin with non stick baking parchment.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the courgettes, onion, aubergine and green pepper with the balsamic vinegar and seasoning. Spray with a little low fat cooking spray.
3. Arrange the vegetables in the roasting tin and cook for 25 minutes, turning them halfway through. Remove from the oven and mix in the tomatoes and cheese. Return to the oven for 5 minutes.
4. Warm the pitta breads in the oven for the last 5 minutes of the roasting time.
5. Split the warm pittas lengthways. Pile the cooked mixture into the breads and serve.
79 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!