Calories per serving 290
225 g (8 oz) brown rice
225 g (8 oz) carrots, diced
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, de-seeded and diced
1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced
150 g (5 1/2 oz) mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
700 ml (1 1/4 pints) vegetable stock
2 tablespoons tomato puree
100 g (3 1/2 oz) frozen peas
1. Place the rice in a large saucepan with the carrots, onion, peppers and mushrooms.
2. Mix together the soy sauce, stock and tomato puree, and then add this mixture to the rice and vegetables.
3. Bring everything to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 35 minutes, stirring from time to time.
4. Stir in the frozen peas. Cover and cook for a further 5 - 10 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender
5. Serve warm, or chill in the fridge and serve as a rice salad.
11 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!