Calories per serving 80.
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon medium curry powder
1 aubergine, diced
225 g (8 oz) carrots, diced
850 ml (1 1/2 pints) vegetable stock
400 g can of chopped tomatoes
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
1. Place the onion, garlic, curry powder aubergine and carrots in a large saucepan.
2. Add the stock, chopped tomatoes and seasoning.
3. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 25 minutes, until the aubergine is very pulpy.
4. Transfer the soup to a food processor or liquidiser in batches.
5. Blend for a very short time, so the texture of the soup is not entirely smooth.
6. Heat through in a clean saucepan. Garnish with coriander
14 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!