Calories per serving 120.
1 onion, chopped finely
450 g (1 lb) cauliflower, broken into florets
350 g (12 oz) broccoli, broken into florets
600 ml (20 fl oz) vegetable stock
425 ml (15 fl oz) skimmed milk
2 tablespoons cornflour
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the chopped onion, cauliflower and broccoli in a large saucepan.
2. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Transfer the soup to a food processor or liquidiser in batches, and blend until smooth.
5. Return the soup to a clean saucepan and add the milk. Cook, stirring, until the soup just comes to the boil.
6. Mix the cornflour with a little cold water to make a paste and stir this into the soup.
7. Cook, stirring, until the liquid thickens a little.
8. Season to taste and serve the soup piping hot.
30 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!