Calories per serving 50.
350 g (12 oz) celery, sliced
350 g (12 oz) leeks, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
850 ml (1 1/2 pints) vegetable stock
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the celery, leeks and garlic in a large saucepan, and stir in the soy sauce.
2. Pour over the vegetable stock, sprinkle in the caraway seeds and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce the heat, season to taste and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove about a third of the soup and set aside.
5. Blend the remainder in a food processor or liquidiser until smooth.
6. Return the blended and unblended soup to a clean saucepan.
7. Heat through and then serve in warmed bowls.
37 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!