Calories per serving 110.
350 g (12 oz) cooking apples, peeled, cored and diced
1 tablespoon clear honey
25 g (1 oz) custard powder
300 ml (10 fl oz) skimmed milk
15 g (1/2 oz) granulated artificial sweetener
1 egg, separated
a pinch of ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 2 (150°C) fan oven 130°C.
2. Place the apples and honey in a small saucepan with 1 tablespoon of water Cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes until the apples begin to soften.
3. Whisk the custard powder into the milk and heat gently in a small saucepan until you have a smooth, thick custard.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and beat in the artificial sweetener; egg yolk and cooked apples.
5. Whisk the egg white until it forms soft peaks and fold it into the apple custard.
6. Divide the mixture between four ramekin dishes. Sprinkle a little ground nutmeg over each one and bake for 25 minutes. Serve warm.
tip: If you don't have ramekin dishes, use heat resistant china cups instead.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!