Calories per serving 265.
low fat cooking spray
350 g (12 oz) skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 onion, chopped
225 g (8 oz) potatoes, peeled and diced
225 g (8 oz) carrots, sliced
1 aubergine, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 fresh green chillies, de-seeded and chopped finely
3 tablespoons medium curry powder
50 g (1 3/4 oz) dried, split red lentils
400 g can of chopped tomatoes
300 ml (10 fl oz) chicken stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, to serve
1. Heat a large non stick frying pan and spray it with low fat cooking spray.
2. Add the chicken and stir fry over a high heat until it is evenly browned.
3. Add the onion, potatoes, carrots, aubergine, garlic, chillies and curry powder to the pan.
4. Stir well so that all the ingredients get an even coating of the curry powder Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the lentils, chopped tomatoes, stock and seasoning, and bring to the boil.
6. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring from time to time.
7. Spoon into four warmed bowls and scatter with chopped fresh coriander to serve.
29 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!