Calories per serving 535
350 g (12 oz) extra lean beef mince
1 onion, chopped finely
2 garlic cloves, crushed
225 g (8 oz) carrots, grated
100 g (3 1/2 oz) button mushrooms, chopped
400 g can of chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato puree
1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
150 g ml (5 fl oz) beef stock
225 g (8 oz) no pre cook lasagne sheets
salt and freshly ground black pepper
for the sauce
25 g (1 oz) polyunsaturated margarine
25 g (1 oz) plain white flour
300 ml (10 fl oz) skimmed milk
25 g (1 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Heat a large non stick saucepan and add the mince.
2. Dry fry, stirring, until the mince has evenly browned.
3. Add the onion, garlic, carrots and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs, stock and seasoning, and bring to the boil.
5. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 160°C.
7. To make the sauce, heat the margarine in a medium size saucepan.
8. Stir in the flour. Gradually add the milk and cook, stirring, until it is a smooth and thick. Stir in half the Parmesan cheese.
9. To assemble the lasagne, spoon half the mince mixture into a rectangular ovenproof dish and top with half the lasagne sheets.
10. Spoon half the cheese sauce over the top, and then the remaining mince followed by the remaining lasagne sheets.
11. Finish with a final layer of cheese sauce.
12. Sprinkle the remaining half of the Parmesan cheese over the top and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
13. Cut the lasagne into square portions and, with a fish slice, carefully lift out the squares on to warmed serving plates.
11 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!