4 large lemons
1 cup flaked canned salmon or tuna
2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
crisp lettuce leaves
fresh bread and butter for serving
1. Cut lemons in halves, squeeze out juice and remove pulp, reserve lemon juice. Cut a small slice from the base of each half so they stand upright.
2. Combine flaked fish with celery, mayonnaise and a teaspoon of the reserved lemon juice.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Fill lemon halves with fish mixture and sprinkle tops with chopped hard-boiled egg.
5. Serve on a bed of crisp lettuce leaves with fresh brown bread and butter.