Calories per serving 475.
125 g (4 1/2 oz) medium egg noodles
225 g (8 oz) fillet steak
3 tablespoons Teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon sherry
2 teaspoons sunflower oil
2.5 cm (1 inch) piece of root ginger, peeled and chopped finely
150 g (5 1/2 oz) shiitake mushrooms, halved
100 g (3 1/2 oz) canned bamboo shoots, drained
3 spring onions, sliced into long, thin strips
1. Place the noodles in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Leave them to stand for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, slice the steak as thinly as you can.
3. Place the beef slices in a shallow dish with the Teriyaki sauce, tomato puree, garlic and sherry.
4. Mix well so that the steak slices are evenly coated in the mixture. Leave the meat for 10 minutes to marinate.
5. Heat the sunflower oil in a non stick frying pan or wok.
6. Drain the beef, reserving any marinade, and add it to the pan with the ginger
7. Stir fry for 2 minutes and then add the mushrooms, bamboo shoots, most of the spring onions and the reserved marinade.
8. Drain the noodles and add them to the pan.
9. Mix them in well and heat through for 2 - 3 minutes.
10. Serve at once, sprinkled with remaining spring onions.
10 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!