8 fillets pickled herring or mullet
4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 large dill pickle
1 cup Mayonnaise
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 x 50 g (1 3/4 oz) jar black caviare
1. Place fillets of pickled herring on a board with skin side down.
2. Put 1/2 tablespoon chopped onion on each fillet and roll up tightly.
3. Slice dill pickle into 8 thick slices.
4. Place a rolled fillet of herring on each slice of dill pickle and place on a serving dish.
5. Blend mayonnaise with lemon juice and tomato paste and spoon over each rolled fillet.
6. Top with caviare and chill before serving.
25 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!