6 oz (175 g) shortcrust pastry
4 oz (110 g) cucumber, diced
2 celery sticks, chopped
4 spring onions, chopped
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 soured cream
1 tsp lemon juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper
7 oz (200 g) can Smoked Herring fillets, drained
2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
1. Prepare and bake blind an 8 inch (20 cm) flan case
2. Return to the oven without the baking beans for 10 minutes and then leave to cool.
3. Mix together the cucumber, celery, spring onions, soured cream and lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Flake the smoked herring fillets, removing any skin or bones, and fold into the mixture.
5. Spoon into the prepared flan case and garnish with the hard-boiled eggs and parsley.
12 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!