1 fennel bulb, sliced paper thin, green feathery leaves reserved
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 kg (4 1/2 lb) broad bean (fava bean)s, shelled
120 ml (4 fl oz) 1/2 cup light chicken stock
few cherry tomatoes
salt and pepper
1. Chop the feathery fennel leaves and reserve.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the beans, fennel slices and stock and cook, covered, over a low heat for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes more, to heat through.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Arrange on a platter, sprinkle on the reserved fennel leaves and serve.