1 HEAD OF CELERY, TRIMMED
2 LITRE (3 1/2 PINT) 8 CUPS VEGETABLE STOCK
1 1/2 HANDFULS RICE (ANY QUALITY)
240 ML (8 FL OZ) 1 CUP SINGLE (LIGHT) CREAM
1 TBSP CORIANDER SEEDS
6 TBSP EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
SALT AND PEPPER
1. Detach the celery stalks and cut them into pieces.
2. In a large saucepan, bring the stock to the boil, add the celery, rice and a little salt and cook for about 30 minutes, until very soft.
3. Drain, reserving the liquid, and pass everything through a food mill.
4. Add the vegetable puree to the reserved liquid with the cream and coriander seeds and cook for 15 minutes more.
5. Check the salt, add pepper to taste and pour into individual soup bowls. Pour 1 tablespoon of oil into each bowl and serve immediately.