3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
90 g (3 oz) prosciutto, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
2 kg (4 1/2 lb) broad bean (fava bean)s, podded but unpeeled
120 ml (4 fl oz) 1/2 cup light chicken stock
1 round lettuce
salt and pepp
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the prosciutto with the onion over a low heat for about 3 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
2. Add the beans, chicken stock and salt and pepper to taste, cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut the lettuce into julienne strips.
4. Add to the beans and cook for a couple minutes more, stirring gently.
5. Pour on to a platter and serve immediately.