6 slices of belly pork
4 medium cooking (tart) apples, peeled, cored and quartered
2 tbsp plain flour (All purpose)
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml milk or cider
salt and pepper
1. Fry the pork in a frying pan until crisp on both sides.
2. Remove from the pan with tongs and arrange in a baking dish. Surround with the apple quarters.
3. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the frying pan.
4. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
5. Gradually stir in the milk or cider and bring to the boil.
6. Add salt and pepper, then pour this sauce over the pork and apples.
7. Bake in a preheated moderate oven 180°C (350°F) Gas Mark 4 for 35 to 45 minutes.
8. Serve with creamed potatoes.
7 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!