2 tbsp plain flour (All purpose)
4 boneless pork steaks or slices
3 Tbsp (40 g) butter
4 oz (100 g) mushrooms, sliced
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml dry cider
good dash of Worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt Single cream
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped chives or spring onions
1. Mix the flour with salt and pepper and use half to coat the pork.
2. Melt the butter in a deep frying pan and brown the pork slices on both sides. Remove them from the pan.
3. Add the mushrooms to the pan and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, then stir in the remaining seasoning flour.
4. Cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the cider and bring to the boil.
5. Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and replace the pork in the pan.
6. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until tender.
7. Stir in the cream, parsley and chives or spring onions and heat through gently without boiling.
8. Serve with noodles or creamed potatoes.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!