2 tbsp (1 oz) 25 g butter
4 crossiants, cut in half lenghtways
150 g punnet raspberries
2 cups (500 ml) semi skimmed milk
15 g fresh mint, stalks and leaves torn into pieces
2 medium size eggs
3 1/2 tbsp (40 g) caster sugar (superfine granulated)
1 tbsp icing sugar (confectioners sugar) for dusting
1. Butter an oblong dish 28 cm x 20 cm, then layer in the crossiants, sprinkling over the raspberries. Put to one side.
2. Place the milk and mint in a saucepan and bring to the boil, then leave to infuse for 10-15 minutes.
3. In a bowl combine the eggs and sugar, then strain on the infused milk, whisking to combine.
4. Pour this mixture over the crossiants in the dish and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, gas mark 4.
6. Then place the dish in a 'bain marie', and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes until set. Remove from the bain marie and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Then serve immediately.