Preparation time 10 minutes, plus 1 hour to chill,
Cooking time 10 - 15 minutes,
Calories345 per portion
450 g (1 lb) rhubarb
50 g (2 oz) soft brown sugar
425 g (15 oz) can custard
150 ml (1/4 pint) double cream
chocolate shavings to decorate
1. Wash the rhubarb and cut into 2.5 cm (1 in) lengths.
2. Place in a saucepan with the sugar, cover and cook gently for 10 - 15 minutes until the rhubarb is softened.
3. Blend the rhubarb and custard together in a liquidiser or food processor until smooth.
4. Whip the cream until stiff, fold into the cooled rhubarb mixture and pour into individual glass dishes.
5. Chill for about an hour and decorate with chocolate shavings and biscuits, such as cigarettes russes, shown above.
Cook the rhubarb and sugar in a covered dish in the microwave. Allow about 8-10 minutes on full power.
5 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!