2 tablespoons oil
1 medium onion, chopped
8 oz (225 g) minced beef
2 oz (50 g) mushrooms, chopped
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt red wine or dry cider
4 oz (100 g) canned tomatoes, chopped
salt and pepper
175 g (6 oz) macaroni
4 oz (100 g) cheese, grated
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until softened.
2. Add the beef and fry until it is browned, then stir in the mushrooms and wine or cider.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and continue simmering.
5. Meanwhile, cook the macaroni in boiling water until it is tender. Drain well.
6. Turn about three-quarters of the macaroni into a heated serving dish and pour over the sauce.
7. Arrange the remaining macaroni around the edge and serve with the cheese.
21 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!