8 leeks, trimmed and chopped
8 potatoes, peeled
4 oz (100 g) cream or demi-sel cheese
1 stick (8 Tbsp)4 oz (100 g) butter or margarine
125 g (5 oz) cheese, grated
8 bacon rashers, rinded and grilled
1. Cook the leeks and potatoes in boiling salted water until they are tender.
2. Drain well, then rub through a sieve.
3. Beat the cream or demi-sel cheese into the puree, then add the butter or margarine, 100 g (4 oz) of the cheese and pepper.
4. Turn the mixture into a shallow flameproof serving dish.
5. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and brown under the grill.
6. Serve garnished with the bacon.
10 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!