8 oz (225 g) rich shortcrust pastry
175 to 225 g (6 to 8 oz) lean cooked lamb, diced or coarsely minced
2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
1 tablespoon grated onion
2 oz (50 g) peas, cooked
2 to 3 tablespoons cream
beaten egg to glaze
1. Roll out the dough and cut into four 18 cm (7 inch) rounds.
2. Mix together all the remaining ingredients except the beaten egg and divide between the dough rounds.
3. Dampen the edges, bring them together and press firmly to seal. Crimp.
4. Place on a greased baking sheet and brush with beaten egg.
5. Bake in a preheated hot oven 220°C (425°F) Gas Mark 7 for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Cool on a wire rack.
25 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!