2 tbsp (25 g) 1 oz butter
8 oz (225 g) streaky bacon rashers, rinded and chopped
2 onions, sliced
1 lb (450 g) courgette (zucchini)s, sliced
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt Single cream
1/4 - 1/2 cup (25 to 50 g) 1 to 2 oz flaked almonds, toasted
chopped parsley to garnish
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the bacon and onions until beginning to colour.
2. Add the courgettes and mix together thoroughly, then pour off the excess fat and turn into a baking dish.
3. Season well with salt, pepper and nutmeg and bake in a preheated moderate oven 180°C (350°F) Gas Mark 4 for about 30 minutes or until the courgettes are tender.
4. Pour over the cream and return to the oven to heat through.
5. Sprinkle over the almonds and garnish with parsley.
20 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!