1 kg (2 lb) ripe tomatoes, skinned
1 handful of mint leaves
2 oz (50 g) wheat germ
25 g (1 oz) seedless raisins or sultanas (golden raisins)
stock if necessary
1. Blend the tomatoes and mint to a puree.
2. Alternatively, pulp the tomatoes in a Mouli or sieve and stir in the finely chopped mint.
3. Stir the wheat germ and raisins or sultanas into the tomatoes with enough stock to make the mixture up to 1 litre (1 3/4 pints).
4. Tip into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
5. Add salt and pepper and serve hot.
6 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!