8 oz (225 g) instant mashed potato
knob of butter
1 egg, beaten
8 oz (225 g) cod, hake or fresh haddock fillets, cooked, skinned and flaked
pinch of grated nutmeg
oil and butter for shallow frying
1. Make up the potato as directed on the packet, using a little less water so that the mixture is firm.
2. Add the butter and egg and beat well.
3. Fold in the fish and add salt, pepper and the nutmeg.
4. On a floured board form into round flat cakes.
5. Shallow fry the fish cakes in oil and butter and serve hot.
20 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!