2 tbsp (25 g) 1 oz butter
3 tomatoes, skinned and quartered
2 oz (50 g) mushrooms, sliced
2 potatoes, peeled, cooked and sliced
8 oz (225 g) rump steak, cut into thin strips
150 g (5 oz) natural (plain) yogurt or soured cream
1 teaspoon French mustard
pinch of dried mixed herbs
1 bay. leaf
salt and pepper
1. Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the tomatoes, mushrooms and potatoes. Cook gently for 5 minutes.
2. Push the vegetables to the side of the pan and add the steak.
3. Fry until it is browned and tender.
4. Mix together the yogurt or soured cream, mustard, herbs, bay leaf, salt and pepper and add to the pan.
5. Heat through gently, stirring well to mix all the ingredients together.
6. Serve with boiled rice or noodles.
12 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!