4 oz (100 g) short-cut spaghetti
25 g (1 oz) margarine
3 tbls (25 g) 1 oz flour
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml milk
198 g (7 oz) canned tuna fish, drained and flaked
4 oz (100 g) Cheddar cheese, grated
salt and pepper
25 g (1 oz) potato crisps (potato chips), crushed
2 tomatoes, sliced
1. Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water until tender.
2. Meanwhile, melt the margarine in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then gradually stir in the milk. Bring to the boil and simmer, stirring, until thickened.
3. Drain the spaghetti and fold into the sauce with the tuna, cheese, salt and pepper.
4. Turn into a 1.2 litre (2 pint) baking dish and sprinkle the crisps on top.
5. Bake in a preheated moderate oven 180°C (350°F) Gas Mark 4 for 20 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
6. Serve garnished with the tomato slices.
32 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!