225 to 275 g (8 to 10 oz) macaroni
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) 2 oz (50 g) butter
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup (50 g) 2 oz flour, sifted
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt milk
100 to 175 g (4 to 6 oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
198 g (7 oz) canned tuna fish, drained and flaked
1. Cook the macaroni in boiling salted water until tender.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the onion until softened.
3. Sprinkle over the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
4. Gradually stir in the milk and bring to the boil. Simmer, stirring, until thickened.
5. Add most of the cheese and stir until it has melted, then fold in the eggs, tuna, salt and pepper.
6. Drain the macaroni and fold into the tuna mixture.
7. Turn into a buttered flameproof serving dish and sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
8. Brown under a preheated hot grill.
12 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!