12 bacon strips, diced
2 medium onions, diced
3/4 cup vegetable oil
12 cups water
6 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cups diced carrots
3 to 4 bottles Guinness Stout beer
1/2 cup paste-style beef base
4 cups ground corned beef
4 cups black turtle beans
1. Brown bacon in oil in a large Dutch oven.
2. Add onions; cook until translucent and add garlic.
3. Add water and beef paste, turtle beans, carrots, and corned beef; cook over medium heat until the beans are about half done.
4. Add Guinness to soup and cook on low until beans are soft (you may have to add additional water).
5. Season with salt and pepper.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!