These sweet, munchy pastries are excellent for picnics and packed lunches. If one is too big for one person to manage, you can cut each one in half.
1 cup (125 g) 1/4 lb whole grain (wholemeal or wheatmeal flour)
1 level tbsp (15 ml) Barbados (brown) sugar
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) 2 oz (50 g) butter
cold water to mix
for the fillings
30 ml (2 tbls) clear honey
125 g (1/4 lb) unroasted peanuts
beaten egg or milk for glaze
Heat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C (400°F).
1. Make the pastry, adding the sugar to the flour with the salt. Chill it.
2. Divide the pastry into four pieces and roll each one into a circle.
3. Mix-the peanuts with the honey. Lay the pastry rounds on a floured baking sheet and divide the peanuts between them, putting them on one side only.
4. Fold the other side of the pastry over the top and seal the edges.
5. Brush the pastries with beaten egg or milk and bake them for 30 minutes.
6. Eat them hot or cold.
33 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!