1 stick (8 Tbsp) 115 g unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups (250 g) 8 oz unrefined light soft brown sugar
2 medium eggs, beaten
40 g raisins
40 g dried cranberries
50 g walnut pieces
3 3/4 cups (350 g) 3/4 lb plain flour (All purpose), sifted
15 ml spoon Christmas spice
5 ml spoon Bicarbonate of soda (Baking soda)
1/2 x 5 ml spoon salt
2 tbsp icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
15 ml spoon spice
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, gas mark 5.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy with an electric whisk then add the eggs gradually. Stir in the remaining ingredients to make a dough.
3. Shape into walnut-sized balls and place, well spaced apart, on a lightly greased baking tray, flattening each biscuit slightly.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes - the longer the biscuits are baked the more crunchy they will be. Remove from the tray and allow to cool on a wire rack.
5. To serve, combine the icing sugar and Christmas spice and dredge the cookies.