Pork cooked in a chicken or meat brick becomes brown and crispy on the outside and is gently permeated with the flavours of the mustard and the sage and onions.
900 g - 1.4 kg (2 - 3 lb) joint lean pork (blade, rolled shoulder or lean end of the belly) without rind
2 large onions
2 tsp (10 ml) chopped sage
about 15 ml (1 tbls) made English mustard
1. Heat the oven to gas mark 8 / 230°C (450°).
2. Quarter and thinly slice the onions and mix them with the sage.
3. Put them into the bottom of the chicken or meat brick.
4. Spread the meat surface with the mustard.
5. Put the pork in the brick on top of the sage and onions.
6. Cover and put it into the oven for 1 1/2 hours.
7. Take out the pork, carve it and arrange it on a warm serving dish.
8. Skim the onions and juices well and spoon them over the pork.
23 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!