4 cups (400 g) self - raising flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
200 g strained or sheep's yoghourt
1 pk (4 oz) margarine (substitute for butter) or butter
1/2 kg feta cheese (grated) or spicy kefalotyri (cut in small pieces)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Beat the eggs with the yoghurt in a bowl. Add the baking powder.
2. Melt the butter and add into the bowl.
3. Add the cheese and the flour and work the dough with your hands until it becomes soft and can easily be detached from your hands.
4. If ready add 2 spoons of oil.
5. Make 2 or 3 even balls of dough and shape into breads.
6. Optionally dredge sesame seeds over the breads and bake for 50 minutes at 200°C, 400° F, Gas Mark 6.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!