1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas 2. Put the rice in a sieve and wash thoroughly under cold water.
2. Drain well and put into a lightly greased souffle dish.
3. Add 30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar and the cinnamon to the dish. Add the diluted milk and stir gently.
4. Dot the surface of the rice with butter and bake for 2 hours, then leave to cool for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, peel, core and slice the pineapple and apples and then cut the pineapple into chunks. Toss the fruit in lemon juice and set aside.
6. Preheat the grill and sprinkle the remaining sugar over the rice. Grill for 5 minutes or until the sugar has caramelized. Leave the rice to stand for 5 minutes to allow the caramel to harden, then serve with the fresh fruit.