1. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter until very light.
2. Sift in the icing sugar, a little at a time, and beat in each addition lightly but thoroughly with a fork.
3. Sift in the almonds in the same way.
4. Lift the fork when beating, to incorporate as much air as possible.
5. Beat in the brandy and lemon juice, a few drops at a time, taking care not to let the mixture separate.
6. Taste, and add extra brandy if liked.
7. Pile the mixture into a dish and leave to firm up before serving; or turn lightly into a jar with a screw topped lid Cover, and store in a cool place until required.
8. Use within one week, or refrigerate for longer storage.
9. Bring to room temperature before serving.