1. In a saucepan, warm the milk to bloodheat (about 37°C/98°F) with the sugar and chocolate.
2. Stir in the rennet essence.
3. Pour the mixture into 1 large or 4 small dishes.
4. Cover and leave to stand in a warm place for about 1 hour or until set.
5. Do not move the junket at this stage
6. Sprinkle the junket with spice and serve cold but not chilled.
7. Decorate with toasted almonds, if liked.
8. Decorate the junket with chocolate curls.
For a Rich Junket Run a layer of single cream, flavoured with brandy, if liked, over the top of the junket.