serves 8 - 10
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 x 300 g bag shallots, peeled and chopped
120 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
100 g button mushrooms, sliced
1 - 2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp brandy or orange juice
454 g lean pork mince
50 g fresh white breadcrumbs
1 tbsp freshly chopped thyme
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the shallots, mushrooms, and garlic and cook for 5 - 6 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the brandy or orange juice, pork mince, breadcrumbs, thyme and seasoning to taste.
3. Mix well and spoon into the neck end of the turkey.
4. Remember to calculate the cooking time based on the total weight of the stuffed bird.
5. Alternatively, for a crispy stuffing, spoon into a lightly greased ovenproof dish or roll the mixture into rounds using wet hands and place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for approximately 35 -40 minutes or until cooked through with a crispy golden crust.
6. Serve with the turkey.
7. This quantitiy is sufficient to serve approximately 10 people.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!