1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, peeled and sliced
400 g can chopped tomatoes
40 g pitted olives, optional
2 tbsp fresh basil, torn
salt and freshly ground black pepper
375 g dried tagliatelle
700 g pork and beef meatballs
125 g mozzarella light cheese, drained
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook over a moderate heat for 2 -3 minutes, until softened but not browned.
2. Add the tomatoes, olives, if using, and half the basil. Season well, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions and drain well.
4. Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in the mozzarella or Cheddar.
5. Arrange the pasta on a serving plate and top with the meatball sauce. Serve garnished with the remaining basil.
18 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!