400 ml can coconut milk
5 cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
8 cherry tomatoes
2 - 3 stalks lemon grass, very finely chopped
4 - 5 kaffir lime leaves, torn
1 tsp fish sauce
400 g hake fillets
150 g pack baby button mushrooms
juice of 1 lime
5 birds eye chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
2 tsps sugar
salt and freshly ground black pepper
15 g pack fresh coriander, finely chopped
1. Heat the coconut milk until simmering.
2. Add the ginger, cherry tomatoes, lemon grass and kaffir leaves and cook gently for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the fish sauce, add the hake fillets and mushrooms, and cook for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add the lime juice, chillies, sugar and seasoning to taste. Remove the kaffir leaves.
5. Stir in the coriander just before serving.
48 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!